Tuesday 2 July 2013

Maybelline: Illegal Length Mascara Review


Hey there! It's finaaaaaally school holidays (woo!) so I've had a chance to catch my breath and I'm going to try and get a few more blog posts up. To get the ball rolling, today I am reviewing Maybelline's Illegal Length Fibre Extensions Mascara.  

This is the first ever fibre extension mascara I have used, appose to normal mascaras that just coat your lashes with black, this mascara also consists of small fibres which build up on your lashes to add physical length. In the beginning I wasn't too keen on this mascara as I was applying it too close to the lash bed so the fibres were irritating my eyes throughout the day. But I have since learnt to mainly focus this mascara on the ends of my lashes. It is definitley a lengthening mascara, so I like to use it in conjunction with other mascaras (at the moment I've been using it with Revlons Lash Finder) just for that added ompf of length!

 It looks very black on the lashes, doesn't flake and I don't have any problems with smudging wooo! But the only downfall is its doesn't hold a curl well, which is something that I really look for in a mascara. In terms of the brush it made of real bristles which I really like, so it does a good job of separating the lashes. To be honest, I probably won't buy it again, just because I am now keen to try more lengthening mascaras. I don't think it is the best of mascaras in the world, but for it's inexpensive price I would recommend it!

 Side note: I have completely moved away from using waterproof mascaras, and my lashes have loved me for it. They are no longer as dry as they were anddddd it makes removing eye makeup 100 times easier!
I hope you are all enjoying your holiday break and I shall have a new blog post up very soooooooon! 


Ashleigh xo

No comments:

Post a Comment