Would You Rather: Makeup Edition Tag1. Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks and lipglosses or lose all of your palettes and eyeshadows?
I'd rather loose all my palettes and eyeshadows, there is something about mascara and lipstick that I can't give up!
2. Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?Even though I've been trying to grow my hair long for five-ish years, I'd rather chop it all off, as it would grow back eventually :)
3. Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?
Coral cheek please!
4. If you had $1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or make-up?Well, I definitely spend much more money on makeup, butttt I'm pretty content with my current makeup stash so I'd have to say buy clothes
5. Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner or eyeliner as lipstick?
Eyeliner as lipstick (note: have done in the past)
6. Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?
MAC is definitely the dominant makeup brand in my collection, but I'm tryingt o widen my horizons a bit and try new things so I'd have to lean towards Sephora!
7. Would you rather only use one eyeshadow color or one lip color for the rest of your life?
Definitely one eyeshadow and if I had to choose one, I'd go with MAC's Naked Lunch :)
8. Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?
Hmmmm I kinda do both already, but I guess summer clothes in winter.
9. Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?
Probably bright, like pastels and whites, but to be honest I don't wear a lot of nailpolish anyway.
10. Would you rather give up your favourite lip product or your favourite eye product?
This is tough, probably favourite eye product, because I have like three other similar shades in my stash :)
11. Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail or a messy bun?
These questions are really diggin deep into the soul, ummm probably messy bun, people always seem to compliment me when I wear them, which make me happy
12. Would you rather never be able to paint your nails again or never use lipgloss?
Never wear lipgloss?
13. Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all or sharpie them in everyday?
Who doesn't love a sharpied eyebrow? ;)
14. Would you rather live without make-up or nail polish?
DEFINITELY nailpolish, 100%. I need ma makeup!
Beauty Brands Tag:1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand?
Thats tough, its a tie between Maybelline and Rimmel, with Australis as an honourable mention!
2.What is your favourite high end brand?
Probably MAC (so original I know), as well as YSL and NARS!
3. A product that's raved about but you've never tried?
Ummmm Limecrime lipsticks, I want one so bad!
4. A product not worth the hype?
(This isn't so much a product, but a brush) MAC's 187 Stippling Brush, I barely use mine
5. Favorite hair brand?
hahah I don't know the first thin about hair! Probably ORGANIX
6.Favorite Nail Varnish brand?
I'm a Revlon gal :)
7. Favorite fashion brands/shops?
I'm a bigggggg fan of Glassons and Myer, plus a bit of Asos on the side. On top of that I like the actual fashion side of Zara and Topshop, but have only made a couple of purchases there.
Makeup History1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
This might sound young for most of you, but I would have to say 12-13, mind you it was some mineral powder to cover up my acne and the occasional swish of mascara :)
2. How did you get into makeup?
I bought my first makeup item on the recommendation of my best friend, but getting the hardcore makeup addiction I have now was definitely triggered by YouTube! Sidenote: I first subscribed a british girl called BigBeautyBox!
3. What are some of your favorite brands?
Like I said before; MAC, NARS, YSL, Rimmel London and Maybelline
4. What does makeup mean to you?
I don't really know how to go about answering this question, its definitely a big part of my life like, if you asked any of my friends 'whats one thing Ash loves?' they would all roll their eyes and say makeup. Its a hobby / borderline addiciton and something that I loveeee.
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be?
This is getting tough, um foundation (either MAC Studio Fix Fluid or Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation), Bronzer (Nars Laguna), Blush (MAC Fleur Power or Napoleon Perdis Coral) and finaaaally Mascara (I'm yet to find the golden one).
6. What is your favourite thing about makeup?
It gives you the opportunity to shape the way you are viewed by others and can demonstrate your personality or self image.
7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?
Look, by no means do you need to buy high end makeup, but you don't really need drugstore makeup either. Some drugstore products match the standard of high end and with others you get what you pay for, but all in all with high end makeup I think you are 50% paying for the quality of the product and 50% for the brand name.
8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
Focus on finding a foundation that suits your skin shade, including getting the right undertone (cool/neutral/warm) and type (oily/dry/combination, then slowly you can build upon a simple foundation and try eyeshadows and eyeliner ect. Also PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT!
9. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
I've been an avid watcher of beauty videos for four and a bit years now I'd have say, it has definitely grown immensely over that time. I would love to one day be on the other side of the camera making videos, maaaybe one day! It just makes me sad to see when some of the guru's are conforming to this fictional image of the 'perfect pretty beauty guru', just to up their viewers and loosing individuality, but anywhoooo.
10. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Ummmmm probably those stick on lipstick/lip art trend? I can't really think of anything else.
Thank you for sticking around until the endddd, please feel free to also do this collection of beauty tags, it was a multitude of fun!