Saturday 20 April 2013

Everyday School Make Up

 Hey there! Here is a quick run down of all products I slap on my face at seven in the morning before I spend seven hours tediously gaining an education, five days a week. Enjoy!

After I’ve done my morning skincare routine, I use my daily moisturiser the Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser. Once that’s all soaked in the rest is history…

Garnier BB Cream- I use the combination to oily skin, I like this because it does has a great coverage for a BB cream, but doesn’t appear to be thick. Depending on the season or if I’m fake tanning etc. I mix the medium shade and light shade together accordingly, to get the perfect match. The lasting power is also quite nice, but it does fade on my cheeks which is why I also go in with my concealer…

Bobbi Brown Corrector- I use the shade ‘Light to Medium Bisque’ to conceal the dark circles under my eyes, (the ones I get from all the late night ‘studying’… ). I have plenty of good things to say about this product; great coverage, great consistency etc. But the downfall is it is quite pricey for such a small amount of product and you haaave to set this bad boy with a powder or it will crease like no tomorrow. If my dark circles aren’t too bad one day, I’ll just use my Maybelline Dream Lumitouch Highlighting Concealer, which is as cheap as chips and does a great job!

MAC Mineralize Concealer-this is the concealer I use on the tops of my checks when I need a bit more coverage or on any particularly stubborn blemishes. I do like this concealer, but I probably won’t be buying this again. It doesn’t have a greeeeeat coverage which is kind of a must for concealer… although that’s why I like it for school, because it isn’t too thick. It really just up to what you are looking for in a concealer, I know of people who love it and some who don’t but I personally didn’t think it was worth the price tag.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural- as you can see I do love this product very much and unfortunately it’s on its last legs. It sets everything perfectly and controls oil without making the face look flat. This is the second one of mine and I will have to run out and grab my third very soon!

NARS Laguna Bronzer- this is hands down the BEST bronzer I’ve ever used. Definitely a Holy Grail product and a staple in millions of other girl’s makeup bags as well! I use it to contour when I want it to look a bit more natural and then to just bronze up my whole face, usually with the typically ‘3’ brush motion. I highly highly highly recommend this bronzer to everyone, it’s worth every dime! (Side note: even my super pale friend loves this bronzer, so it’s great for girls who have struggled to wear bronzer in the past, it won’t look muddy or orange I promise)

Benefit Dandelion Brightening Face Powder- this product is basically a blush and highlighter in one, it looks absolutely radiant on the skin and very natural too. It’s very soft and flattering on the cheeks, adding a very subtle but healthy touch of colour to the skin.

 Maybelline Falsies Mascara- I must apologies, I somehow forgot to take a closer photo of it, my mistake! Anywho, this just brings everything together, makes me look more awake and I do love big eyelashes I must say. This holds a curl well and I don’t have to worry about looking like a panda halfway through the day!


And there we have it folks, that is what I wear to school on a daily basis! For some this might seem like a lot but to others it might seem like hardly anything, personally I am quite content with the finally product and I promise it doesn’t actually take too long! If you are interested in what brushes I use then I have a separate post here!
 I think I’ll stop yakking on now but if you have any questions about anything or are up for a chat, please comment or email me: ashsbeautybag@gmail.com (even if it’s just school related)! I hope you are all having a lovely day and have fun at schooool!


1 comment: