Tuesday 5 February 2013

Cyber MAC Lipstick Swatch

Hey there! I am so excited because this bad boy finally came in the mail today...
It's MAC's gorgeous lipstick in CYBER, which I have been lusting over for quite sometime now, but everytime I went to my MAC counter they had been sold out! Due to my impatience I gave in and ordered it online!
Its described as a 'deep, dark, reddened purple' so it definitely gives of the 'dark-purple-almost-black' vibe. It has a satin finished, so it isn't drying on the lips, but in saying that, it will transfer whilst eating/drinking. It has a lasting great lasting power (up to 3+ hours) and fades evenly, so it won't go all gross and patchy as some lipsticks do.

Below is a swatch of the lipstick when it is applied lightly & smudged out (right) and also when it is applied thickly (right). 
As you can see it is an exceptionally well pigmented lipstick and I understand if this isn't particularly everyone's cup of tea. Personally I adore this lipstick and I can't wait to wear it out, but I may need to reserve it for the colder months or for certain nights out! I find that it needs to applied with a lip brush (I use the detail brush from Real Techniques) for the cleanest application. I'm sure I'll feature this in an upcoming Face Of The Day, so you'll be able to see what it looks like on the actual lips!

I'm slowly starting to build up my lipstick collection, so if you have any recommendations please leave them down below! I hope you are all having a great week!
Ashleigh xo

2 comments:

  1. Such an amazing colour I've almost bought this myself but there's something stopping me I think I will now it's not as dark as I thought it looked online it looks almost black ha :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was exactly the same! It took me a while to put my foot down and buy it hahah, and now I am so glad that I did :D Yeah I thought that too, but you can apply it as light or as dark as you please :)
      X

      Delete